Mittwoch, 14. April 2010

Africa and Globalisation

The ISS is perhaps the most important think tank on developments in Africa and it has a new publication: the African.Org. Jakkie Cilliers, known to the interested reader by her recurrent articles on Africa's security, has contributed a short piece on Africa's development and the global distribution of power that is largely shifting eastwards.

I hope I find a little more time for an extended post on the issue, but I do think that Africa is a very good example of globalisation's generally positive impact (I did make that point earlier in a German publication). It has always been something of a misperception that globalisation produces winners and losers. What it in fact does produce is different kind of winners, some win simply more than others. I hope, I'll manage an extended piece on this in May. So do stay tuned.

Keine Kommentare: